THIS is the terrifying moment diners were forced to flee a restaurant after it erupted into flames.
Shocking footage posted on social media shows the fire spreading which is believed to have been started by a sparkler in a drink.
3The blaze is thought to have been started by a sparkler in a drink3Diners can be seen dashing towards the exit as the fire takes holdCredit: TikTok/@karolinahojda3Luckily, no one was injured in the fireCredit: TikTok/@karolinahojdaWest Midlands Fire Service rushed to Caffe Di Milano in Birmingham at around 11pm on February 4.
Staff were able to put out the fire and the restaurant’s sprinklers activated before two crews arrived on the scene.
The blaze is believed to have been caused by a “sparkler in an alcoholic drink, which ignited wall decorations.”
There have been no reported injuries.
A short 13-second clip was posted on TikTok which shows people grabbing their belongings and dashing to the exit.
A member of staff is also seen throwing water from an ice bucket over the flames.
A fire service spokeswoman said: “We were called at 11pm to Caffe Di Milano on Hurst Street. We sent two crews. The fire was out on arrival – the staff had managed to put the fire out before we got there.
“We made sure it was safe and completed damping down and cutting away of anything that wasn’t safe. The stop came at 11.27pm.”
Story Credit: thesun.co.uk