A SHOP worker was killed by an electric shock after falling asleep next to his phone charger.
When Puttawat Kamwan, 34, didn’t show up for work three days in a row, worried co-workers decided to stop by and pay him a visit.
4Worried colleagues went to his home to check on the missing workerCredit: ViralPress4The man was missing for three days before coworkers went to check on himCredit: ViralPressHis colleague Pantatip Kanthong said: “We work at a jewellery shop… He was absent for three days and did not answer his phone.
“After work, we went to his room but we found his door was open. We went inside with the landlady and found him.”
The man was discovered dead in his bed in Samut Prakan, Thailand, where it’s thought he’s been laying for days.
As Samut went to bed, he plugged in his mobile phone and went to sleep – but he wouldn’t wake up.
Horrified, his friends and building manager discovered his decomposing body holding the phone.
Samut’s building manager Nattanit Hawharn said she didn’t suspect anything out of the ordinary, since Samut was usually home alone and kept to himself.
She said: “He was usually quiet and rested in his room or drank cans of beer after work. We saw his door was opened. We thought he was only sick.”
Investigating officer police captain Pongnarin Nontanok said there is no evidence of foul play in the tragic death.
He said: “Puttawat Kamwan was still lying on his bed. His right arm was also touching the charging phone.
Pongnarin said electrocution was initially suspected as the cause of death, due to the phone and charging cable.
This was later confirmed with an autopsy at the Ramathibodi Chakri Naruebodindra Hospital in Bangkok.
4Puttawat was missing for three days before his body was discoveredCredit: ViralPress4The killer phone charger can be seen in this photoCredit: ViralPress
Story Credit: thesun.co.uk