Monday, February 6, 2023
HomeUK NewsPutin launches ‘massive’ attack on Ukraine with barrage of 60 missiles as...

Putin launches ‘massive’ attack on Ukraine with barrage of 60 missiles as explosions hit power plants

- Advertisement -

VLADIMIR Putin has launched another attack on Ukraine this morning with a fresh barrage of 60 missiles.
Ukrainian officials reported explosions in several regions across the country as missile strikes hit crucial power plants.
Russia has launched another missile attack on Ukraine Friday morning1Russia has launched another missile attack on Ukraine Friday morningCredit: Avalon.redOleksiy Kuleba, governor of the Kyiv region, said Russia was “massively attacking” Ukraine.
In the capital, explosions were heard in the northeastern Desnianskyi and western Holosiivskyi district, according to Kyiv mayor Vitali Klitschko who urged residents to go to shelters.
“The attack on the capital continues,” he wrote on Telegram.
Witnesses reported loud explosions through Kyiv while air defence systems were in operation across the country.
Putin launches 'massive attack' despite Russia's 'defensive vulnerability'Putin’s nuclear bombers in show of force as missiles ‘readied to hit West’
“They want to destroy us and make us slaves. But we will not surrender. We will endure,” said Lidiya Vasilieva, 53, as she headed for shelter at a Kyiv railway station.
“I want the war over and soon. But I ready to wait as long as needed,” she added.
Authorities said infrastructure had been hit in the eastern region of Kharkiv, the Black Sea region of Odesa and in Vinnytsia in west-central Ukraine in the latest big wave of missile strikes since October.
Kharkiv, the central city of Poltava and parts of Kyiv were left without electricity and the northern Sumy region suffered power outages.

The governor of Kharkiv, Oleh Syniehubov, confirmed that energy infrastructure had been hit while Polatava’s mayor Oleksandr Fedoryuk said the region has been left without electricity.
Kyrylo Tymoshenko, deputy head of the president’s office, said a residential building had been hit in the central city of Kryvyi Rih, warning people could be trapped under the rubble.
“Do not ignore air raid alerts, remain in shelters,” he wrote on Telegram.
 Dnipropetrovsk Oblast governor Valentyn Reznichenko said two people have been killed and at least five injured in the attack at Kryvyi Rih.
Ukraine’s railway operator said a number of railway lines were left without power.
Officials in the Zaporizhzhia region warned residents to expect more power cuts as engineers try to repair damage caused by the Russian attacks.
Regional governor Oleksandr Starukh wrote on Telegram: “We know of 15 impacts by Russian missiles (in the region).
“We ask citizens to prepare for possible temporary restrictions during restoration of damaged infrastructure.”
Energy company DTEK said it was already enforcing electricity shutdowns in Kyiv to enable repairs.

Story Credit: thesun.co.uk

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular