Wednesday, February 8, 2023
HomeUK NewsOur hotel room's ceiling COLLAPSED nearly killing my family - all the...

Our hotel room’s ceiling COLLAPSED nearly killing my family – all the hotel offered us is a voucher but I won’t go back

- Advertisement -

A DAD whose family was nearly killed when a hotel ceiling collapsed was offered a free stay as a sorry.
Dave Bishop and his 13-year-old autistic son had travelled to the Bournemouth hotel for a much needed holiday.
Dave Bishop and his son were in the room when the ceiling caved in - leaving the youngster 'traumatised'3Dave Bishop and his son were in the room when the ceiling caved in – leaving the youngster ‘traumatised’Credit: BNPSHorrifying pictures from the aftermath show the room absolutely trashed - with plaster board and dust covering the bed and floor3Horrifying pictures from the aftermath show the room absolutely trashed – with plaster board and dust covering the bed and floorCredit: BNPSBut after arriving at their three-star accommodation, Dave’s switched-on lad noticed there was something off about the ceiling.
Not long after, the dad from Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, said: “I was in my bed, looking at my son then all of a sudden, the ceiling crashed down to the floor.”
All hell broke loose as Dave’s youngster “screamed his head off” and charged around the room utterly “traumatised” from the horror.
Falling plaster and rubble had also exploded a glass table in the process – sending shards flying.
India cricket ace 'paranoid' after hotel worker breaks into room at World CupInside England's shambolic World Cup hotel which is still a building site
Horrifying pictures from the aftermath show the room absolutely trashed – with plaster board and dust covering the bed and floor.
Meanwhile the ceiling above the bed shows exposed woodwork following the collapse.
The family were quickly moved to another room in the Laguna Hotel – which charges up to £72-a-night.
But the dad was left appalled after managers offered him and his son a measly voucher for a free stay in the future.

He told the Bournemouth Echo: “To be honest I won’t be coming back. It has really traumatised my son.” 
Gill Gwynne, general manager, said the ceiling partially caved-in because a guest flooded an upstairs bathroom.
She added how the father and son were then given a full refund for their stay and a voucher – she said the pair were happy with the offer.
She added: “Although this was a regrettable incident, we are grateful that no one was injured.”
Gill Gwynne, general manager, said the ceiling partially caved-in because a guest flooded an upstairs bathroom3Gill Gwynne, general manager, said the ceiling partially caved-in because a guest flooded an upstairs bathroomCredit: BNPS
Story Credit: thesun.co.uk

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular