Saturday, March 25, 2023
HomeUK NewsMan, 31, died after he tripped & fell on a step inches...

Man, 31, died after he tripped & fell on a step inches from his door after night out as tributes pour in

- Advertisement -

TRIBUTES are pouring in for a “loved” man who died after he tripped and fell just inches from his door on his way home from a night out.
Alex Murray was tragically found unresponsive by his mum in the garden of their Preston house after celebrating landing a new job.
Alex Murray tragically died after falling or tripping near the back door of his house2Alex Murray tragically died after falling or tripping near the back door of his house
The 31-year-old had been celebrating landing a new job2The 31-year-old had been celebrating landing a new jobCredit: MEN Media
He was just 31 when he died in October last year, and said to be “loved by everyone”.
An inquest today heard how Alex had been day drinking with friends in various pubs in Blackburn ahead of starting a new job.
The 31-year-old was last seen on CCTV staggering towards his home at 2.40am.
He disappeared round the side of the house before later being found unresponsive by his devastated mum.
Two more men charged over drive-by shooting at funeral that left 6 injuredTributes pour in for man, 50, 'killed by thugs who tried to rob his Rolex’
LancsLive reported how Sergeant Chris Birchall of Lancashire Constabulary, who was one of the first on the scene, spoke at the inquest into Alex’s death today.
Chris told the hearing that it appeared as if Alex had fallen or tripped next to a small step in the garden – and that there was no evidence of third-party involvement.
The Sergeant said: “Alex was found lying on the floor with his head on a small step.
“He was about six feet away from the side door. It wasn’t possible to say exactly what happened but potentially it was a fall.”

The inquest heart CCTV had snapped Alex leaving a pub at around 1am, after the day’s drinking with pals.
He was believed to have visited another pub before stumbling home at 2.40am.
The inquest heard how Alex’s post mortem revealed he had suffered a small subarachnoid haemorrhage – where a head injury causes bleeding in the space that surrounds the brain.
The 31-year-old also had a fractured eye socket.
Toxicology tests found he was intoxicated at the time of his death and there was evidence of recent cocaine use.
A neurosurgeon said although he couldn’t definitely say the haemorrhage was the cause of death it was a possibility.
Assistant Coroner Sian Jones returned a conclusion of accidental death and said: “I am satisfied he had been drinking and had taken some cocaine but neither of those were likely to be the direct cause of his death.
“However the alcohol did affect his mobility and stability and it’s likely to have caused or contributed to his fall because it would have increased the risk of him having a fall.
“I am satisfied that what he suffered was a simple accident.”
After the inquest Alex’s sister Vanessa told LancsLive: “He was loved by so many people.
I got FREE kids outfits at Tesco - you need to run there nowUnrecognisable X Factor hunk soaks up the sun in Barbados 14yrs after show
“In Blackburn everyone knew him and I was known as Alex’s sister even though I’m older.”
Alex’s mum added: “He was over the moon about his new job. He’d found out earlier in the week and I can still see his face after he got the news; he was buzzing all week.”

Story Credit:

- Advertisment -

Most Popular