The 2022-23 NBA season is rapidly approaching its halfway point, and that means it’s time for fans to start having All-Star discussions.
There are always certain players who will be considered locks to land on an All-Star roster, but considering the amount of talent throughout the league, there should also be plenty of debates.
Which guards will emerge from the Western Conference? Which forwards will get the starting nods in the Eastern Conference?
Here’s how you can participate in the All-Star voting process.
Key voting dates ahead of 2023 NBA All-Star Game
Fan voting for the 2023 NBA All-Star Game will begin on Tuesday, Dec. 20, and end on Saturday, Jan. 21.
During that window, the league will hold special 3-for-1 voting days, which will allow fans to triple their votes.
- Dec. 20: NBA All-Star fan voting begins at 11 a.m. ET
- Dec. 25: 3-for-1 voting day
- Jan. 1: 3-for-1 voting day
- Jan. 5: First update on results
- Jan. 6: 3-for-1 voting day
- Jan. 12: Second update on results
- Jan. 13: 3-for-1 voting day
- Jan. 16: 3-for-1 voting day
- Jan. 19: Third update on results
- Jan. 20: 3-for-1 voting day
- Jan. 21: NBA All-Star fan voting ends at 11:59 p.m. ET
How does the NBA All-Star voting process work?
The fan vote accounts for 50 percent of the total vote to determine the starters for the NBA All-Star Game. Current players and media members split the other 50 percent. Each ballot consists of two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference. Reserves are chosen by NBA head coaches, and league commissioner Adam Silver chooses injury replacements if necessary.
All-Star captains will then draft their teams from the eligible pool of players (starters in first round, reserves in second round). Captains will be selected based on which players earn the most fan votes in each conference. They are not required to draft based on conference affiliation or position.
How do you vote for the 2023 NBA All-Star starters?
Fans can vote for their favorite players through the NBA.com voting page and NBA app. In order to vote, fans must create an NBA ID.
What is NBA ID?
NBA ID is an account that gives fans the chance to personalize the NBA app. Signing up for NBA ID is free and only requires an email address.
For more information on NBA ID, check out the league’s FAQ page.
2023 NBA All-Star schedule
Friday, Feb. 17
- Celebrity Game (7 p.m. ET)
- Rising Stars Challenge (9 p.m. ET)
Saturday, Feb. 18
- HBCU Classic (4 p.m. ET)
- Skills Challenge, 3-Point Contest and Slam Dunk Contest (8 p.m. ET)
Sunday, Feb. 19
- 2023 NBA All-Star Game (8 p.m. ET)