Friday, February 3, 2023
HomeNewsPolice spend second day scouring Mt Lawley home for missing man Nicola...

Police spend second day scouring Mt Lawley home for missing man Nicola La Falce

- Advertisement -

Detectives are continuing to scour a Perth home in their search for the body of Nicola La Falce, who has been missing for almost 30 years.

Officers began searching the property on Barlee St in the affluent suburb of Mount Lawley on Monday and returned on Tuesday.

A nine-month cold case review led police to believe Mr La Falce’s body may be buried in the backyard.

The home belongs to Giuseppe Minniti, the father of Pasquale Minniti, who was central to a corruption scandal which led to police minister John D’Orazio losing his job in 2006.

Mr La Falce, 37, was last seen at a pizza shop on Cambridge St in Wembley on the evening of January 12, 1994.

About 8.44pm, he received a phone call from someone police believe he knew and shortly after he left the shop in his blue Ford Courier tray top vehicle.

There are reports that call was made from Mr Minniti’s home phone.

At 2.37pm the following day, Ansett Airlines received a telephone booking in Mr La Falce’s name to fly to Adelaide on January 14.

His vehicle was found in the long-term car park of the Perth Domestic Airport that day and the flight seat in his name was occupied – but police do not believe it was him.

Last week, police offered a $500,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of anyone responsible for Mr La Falce’s suspected homicide.

State Crime Assistant Commissioner Tony Longhorn said at the time that despite the years that had gone by, police remained committed to solving the case.

“He was a much loved father, brother and son, both to family here in Perth and Italy,” he said.

“We believe someone in our community knows what happened to him.”

Detective Inspector Darryl Cox said on Monday that since the reward was announced, three phone calls had been made to Crime Stoppers.

“One of those is of particular interest to the investigation team,” he said.

“There are further actions that may be undertaken and further search warrants may take place in the future.”

Police are expected to continue searching the property on Wednesday.

Read related topics:Perth

Story Credit: news.com.au

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular