Meghan Markle has taken aim at the Royal Family, accusing them of plating stories about her to ease pressure on other members of The Firm.
The second instalment of Meghan and Prince Harry’s Netfix series hits screens on Thursday evening, and the latest teaser suggests the couple will launch an astonishing attack on Buckingham Palace.
In the trailer, Meghan says: “You would just see it play out. A story about someone in the family would pop up for a minute and they’d go: ‘We’ve gotta make that go away.’
“But there’s real estate on a website homepage, there is real estae there on a newspaper front cover. And something has to be filled in there about someone royal.”
And Jenny Afia, a partner at law firm Shillings, declares there is a “real war” against Meghan.
“There was a real war against Meghan and I’ve certainly seen evidence that there was negative briefing from the Palace against Harry and Meghan to suit other people’s agendas,” Ms Afia says.
“This barrage of negative articles about the breakdown of the realtionship with her father was the final straw ina campaign of negative, nasty coverage about her.”
.Meghan’s friend Lucy Fraser adds: “Meg became this scapegoat for the Palace and so they would feed stories on her whether they were true or not, to avoid less favourable stories being printed.”
Meghan has previously claimed “salacious” stories were “planted” in the press in the lead-up to her wedding to Prince Harry in May 2018.
While Harry said in the first episode release that he was “terrified” Meghan would be “driven away by the media”.
More to come.
Story Credit: news.com.au