Saturday, January 28, 2023
HomeNewsCranebrook, NSW: Manhunt for Ashlie Gaddie as Dannielle Finlay-Jones identified as woman...

Cranebrook, NSW: Manhunt for Ashlie Gaddie as Dannielle Finlay-Jones identified as woman murdered

- Advertisement -

Police are still on the hunt for a man wanted for the alleged murder of a young teacher and footballer from Sydney’s west.

NSW Police have released this image of Ashley Gaddie on an outstanding warrant for murder after the body of Dannielle Finlay-Jones was found in a Cranebrook home on Sunday afternoon.

It has been revealed he has five apprehended violence orders against him.

The pair were known to each other. Detectives are investigating whether they had met at a pub near Marsden Park on Saturday night before heading to the home where Ms Finlay-Jones was staying with friends.

The residents of the home she was staying at went to check on her at around 2:30pm on Sunday, finding her with serious injuries. She could not be revived by paramedics and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police also said they were investigating reports a man was seen running from the home that morning.

It’s been revealed Mr Gaddie had AVOs taken out against him by five separate women from 2016 to 2021.

He has appeared in various courts across Sydney on 14 occassions in the last five years, with the majority in relation to the AVOs taken out against him.

“Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts, or who sights Ashley, is urged not to approach him and to call Triple Zero (000) immediately,” NSW Police said in a statement.

“The man is known to frequent the areas of Five Dock, Penrith and Mt Druitt.”

The 33-year-old is of caucasian appearance, about 180cm tall, of muscular build, with blue eyes and a bald head. Both of his arms are covered in tattoos.

Ms Finlay-Jones, 31, was a learning support worker at the NSW Department of Education and an avid football player.

She had received an award for her work at Ramsgate RSL Football Club in Monterey and was the club’s Female Football Director.

Just three months ago, the 31-year-old had received a trophy in recognition of her work as director and for 25 years playing with the club.

“Wonderful achievement and we are honoured to have you lead our female players, young and old, in shaping their development and their future in our sport,” the club said in September.

Ms Finlay-Jones also featured in a video on the club’s Instagram account where she praised its work in women’s sport.

“Some 25 years ago, when I started out at Ramsgate RSL Football Club as a female footballer, we didn’t have female-only teams, so I was playing with the boys up until I was 12 years old,” she said.

“Fast-forward to today and we have fielded female-only teams from under six, all the way through to all-aged women. What an achievement.”

“We continue to make strides within the community and push forward to promote female footballers. Go the girls.”

Police believe Ms Finlay-Jones died between the early hours of the morning – when she returned to the property with Mr Gaddie – and midmorning.

How long the pair knew each other is being probed by police, with acting Superintendent John Nelson urging Sydneysiders to be careful when meeting with strangers they make contact with online.

“For anyone who is meeting anybody, make sure that it is in a safe environment and you’re with friends in those initial meetings,” he said.

More to come.

Read related topics:Sydney

Story Credit:

- Advertisment -

Most Popular